Best Designer Shoes Biography
I enjoyed helping a bride out who contacted me asking for wedding shoe advice so I was inspired to create a list of my favorite brands & styles. I’m now also a fiancée and even though my wedding isn’t for awhile, I love looking at potential shoes!
- Follow the fit guide & order early. Unfortunately not every web site has a size guide and each brand’s sizing can run a little different. My suggestion is to order early (especially if it’s a coveted style) so you have time to return or exchange.
- Wear them several times before the big day. No one wants to walk down the aisle or dance the night away in pain! I would wear them around the house (at least) 5 or 6 times. Personally, I want a platform because they’re the easiest on my feet without sacrificing the height!
- Consider choosing an fun color or print. White shoes are obviously the traditional choice and even trendy right now for everyday wear but you could have fun with it. Designer Charlotte Dellal of Charlotte Olympia wore leopard print pumps to her wedding.
10 best Designer Brands for High Heels
1. Sergio Rossi’s philosophy was simple: “Think of a shoe, not as a superimposed ornament, but as the continuation of the body“. This turquose, geometric patterned pump with a pink patent leather toe and a red patent leather heel embodies that statement.
2. Rihanna may have just announced she will launch a fashion line through River Island, but it’s been a global fashion icon for years. This sophisticated ankle high heel looks fabulous all year long. It’s covered ankle boot style with a high heel is a combo made in heaven. The rich blue color shocks and awes, and will turn heads everywhere you go.
3. He started his career working under Christian Dior, and ended up one of the most iconic fashion designers in history. This ankle strap sandal, featuring black suede and gold metallic leather, exemplifies Saint Laurent’s style, which Catherine Deneuve once said was for “women who lead double lives.”
4. For the bold and the beautiful,. Prada’s silk beaded purple high heel has intricate beading, height, and glam. With an ankle strap that secures your heel’s sexiness, it can be worn at a fab event, a night out on the town, or down the red carpet.
5. Manolo Blahnik was already an international, award-winning fashion brand before Sex and the City made it a household name. Putting 50 Shades of Grey to shame, this shoe’s sexy grey style, cutouts, heights, and sophistication make this heel our choice for the list. Great to wear to the workplace, in the board room, or a day out shopping for the top trends in high fashion.
6. Jimmy Choo is known for his eye-catching dramatic designs, loved by all, worn by only the bold. These purple feathered high heels have double ankle straps for extra drama; just leading your eyes to the exotic feather tassels in the front of this stunning shoe. The photo doesn’t do this regal purple shoe justice.
7. Born out of the Prada family, Miu Miu is a high fashion brand this list should not overlook. This shoe highlights neutral glam just the way we like it: mauve colored suede shoes with front straps and peep toes. The glittery gold back and heels steal the show as you strut your stuff to your red carpet event.
8. Valentino Garavani is a historic fashion icon who definitely makes our list with his black ankle high heeled boots. This shoe can take a cute little black dress in a completely different direction. Wrapped from ankle to tow with studded straps, this modern shoe turns heads and takes names.
9. Elegance and femininity meets high fashion at BCBG. This shoe is stunning with an elegant lattice style, complete with gold heel stems. These little numbers would be beautiful for any spring event, including a wedding.
And the Top Five High Heel Shoe Designers…
10. Are you seeing red more frequently on the soles of your favorite red carpet heels? That’s Christian Louboutin’s signature style jumping out at you. Louboutin is a favorite Parisian designer whose shoes top all sorts of lists. Louboutin’s “ Cinderella” high heel brought tears to many when this style was released. It was designed with love, inspiration, and the hope that every woman would feel like a princess in these. Intricately decorated with crystals, beading, and butterflies, this shoe is one that will never lose it’s place in fashion history. It surpasses all standards and is fit for a princess. We’re obsessed.